About the Author
You’re probably asking yourself “I thought you were a Cardinal fan. Why are you writing about my favorite team?” Well, it’s a long story, but I am still a Cardinal fan, and I do like the White Sox. I have this sick compulsion to write about sports teams that I follow, thus this blog. And I am now unable to watch any Cardinal games other the ones that are nationally broadcasted. Here’s my situation, in a nutshell –
- I live in an apartment facing the wrong direction, so I can’t get a dish. Even if I wasn’t facing the wrong direction, the complex would charge an arm and leg to put up their mount.
- I live in a blackout zone, so I can’t get MLB.tv and watch the Cardinals. Six teams are actually blacked out in Iowa, for some stupid reason.
- I don’t get the Cardinals on TV, the station that carried them dropped them.
- I can’t switch cable companies, where I live there is no competition.
- I do get lots of Cubs and White Sox games on TV. My dislike for the Cubs runs deep, and I do like the White Sox. So what I’ve done is I’ve decided to follow the Sox as my second team. That’s allowed, right?
What you’ll find here: Sabermetric analysis on the White Sox from someone who is still trying to get a handle on sabermetrics. And you’ll find the occasional snark. I’m still learning about the team, so I’m thinking blogging about them will prove to be a crash course on Sox 101.